Hi Angela,

We had many of the same concerns as you about duplicating cataloguing work and the possibility of inaccurate data persisting, so during the migration we did not populate the exhibition object fields and I’ve subsequently blocked the fields from view for all users.  As we add objects to new exhibitions, the fields do get populated (except for the Attribution field because we are not using the “Attribution” feature in the objects module) but no one sees it. We are open to the idea of using the fields in the future for saving accurate exhibition specific label copy info, but are letting the dust settle post-migration first.  One consequence of not populating the fields is that the TMS2010 object lists and data views in the Exhibitions record had to be altered to pull data from the objects module instead of from the exhibitions objects information.

I think the deleting/re-adding records is an interesting idea, but it would mean losing other exhibition planning information you have in other fields (catalogue number, section, case number, etc.). You would also need to keep track of which objects were included/excluded from each venue, which could be daunting.

Wouldn’t it be great to just have a “repopulate information from the objects module” button?

Thanks

Alexis Lenk

TMS Administrator

617-384-6762