I have had success creating the whole standards "manual" as a web site, and then linking to it as a TMS plugin - so it is available from every module. With TMS 2010 there will be a link on the home page. It's nice because it solves the whole distribution issue, needed revisions happen quickly, and the date goes at the top of every page. A screen shot is below.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CBFB74.4F53A110]

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeanne Noonan
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 10:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Data Entry Manual

Hi All!

I've been working on a Database Standards manual since we acquired TMS back in 2009. However, I'd like to incorporate it into a more user friendly data entry manual that encompasses every aspect of creating new records in TMS and explains our standards fully.

Would anyone have something similar that they would be willing to share?

Does anyone have any advice on any issues that arose from doing this, or what they would do differently?

Thanks so much!

Jeanne

*************************
Jeanne Noonan
Associate Registrar
Chrysler Museum of Art
245 West Olney Road
Norfolk, VA  23510-1509
Phone 757-333-6275
Fax 757-664-6201
http://www.chrysler.org/
FREE ADMISSION to our permanent galleries!

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: