Hi all-

We've just converted to TMS 2010, and are having an issue with the new exhibition object fields in the Exhibitions module.  Many of our objects in our upcoming exhibitions are loan objects with little object information already in TMS.  We want to make sure that the exhibition object info and the object record info match, but don't like the idea of having to do duplicate data entry in both places when things change.  I also don't want our users to think they've updated the object record when doing data entry in the exhibitions module and not realize it doesn't link back to the objects module.  I'm curious as to how others are handling this?  Right now we are planning on making the exhibition fields view-only to most users, and then deleting and re-adding object records at various points so that the exhibition records also get updated without having to update things twice.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Angie

Angela Steinmetz, Head Registrar
Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago
5550 S. Greenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
T 773-702-0175
F 773-702-3121