At Musical Instrument Museum we had a Windows 7 desktop gadget that showed who was accessing TMS, how long they had been logged in, and how many licenses were available. This helped to make people accountable for the amount of time they were logged in, eased the hassle of attempting to login when their were no licenses available, and also gave you a few "culprits" to call to see if they could log out so that you could login.

~Chad