If you want to specifically generate a list from entering in SQL formatted queries in TMS you can do this with the Alert Queue feature new to TMS 2010 R2.      In this instance you could create an alert “Objects without a current location” and put in  the below SQL.   This is just an option I want people to be aware of since it is new functionality.

Thanks

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Smith, Jeffrey
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: no current location recorded

There’s also the quick SQL query:

select objects.objectnumber from objects

inner join objcomponents on objects.objectid = objcomponents.objectid

where objcomponents.currentobjlocid = -1

If the SQL tab of TMS Advanced Query could be further developed so that SA’s could enter SQL commands like this, tricker queries would be much easier! No updates or inserts though, mind you…

Cheers