Karen,

Might I suggest that instead of using Attribute for the demonination, you consider using the Object Name field. Both can be tied to the Thesaurus to provide a controlled vocabulary.

In addition, if your coins are all part of the same department, you can create a User Designed Form (UDF) that contains just the fields that you are using. This can be set as the default for the Coin Department - which will make viewing and data entry much easier for you.

As you finalize your plans for your Data Standards for coins in TMS - might I also suggest that you look at how the fields you are planning to use are displayed in the canned reports, the data views, list views, and the fact sheet. While all (but the fact sheet) can be customized, using fields such as Object Name or Medium for the metal, or the Constituent for the Mint are pretty standard data to be displayed on these. My mantra for data entry has less to do with where to enter the data going in, as how you want to query and output the data in the future.

My 2 cents, and hopefully you find something of value in it.

~Chad