From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hansen, Stephanie
Sent: August 11, 2011 5:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Linking Object Records

Good Luck!
Stephanie
Milwaukee Art Museum

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chad Petrovay
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

Alexis,

With Parent-Child relationships, I try to make the terminology of the parts parallel:

Set - Part of a Set
Framed Artwork - Frame
Ensemble - Part of an Ensemble

Displays like this in TMS:

Ensemble
Framed Artwork
Set
Frame
Part of an Ensemble
Part of a Set

In my experience, even when you have clearly defined relationships written up, people don't always reference them, so making the relationship labels mirror one another helps to clarify their relationships with one another.

~Chad