Hmmm!  I never thought of that.  Thanks for the suggestion!

David

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chad Petrovay
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 4:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Limited number of containers in advanced query

David,

Have you tried including another field in the search to help drill down? For instance, in the ObjGeography.Country field we had almost every country in the world, but if you searched for "North America" in Object.Department first, when you selected ObjGeography.Country the distinct list was "Canada; The Bahamas; USA" (only the Countries that met the first Criteria).

The crate numbers use three fields to create unique identifiers, including Project and Crate Number (at the moment the third is eluding my memory). Perhaps you can use these two fields in conjugation with one another to help create smaller distinct lists.

I hope this helps. ~Chad