Head of Digital Imaging Services
Division of Imaging and Visual Services
National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.

On 9/22/11 12:45 PM, "Ryan Donahue" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We have an uploader that pushes images from our Dam to tms. It puts them in folders by date Transferred to tms. The uploaded is a combo of a dam asset action and script that preps the media loader access db.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Hassan Najjar <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is a question I need the answer to as well. Is there a software package that allows you manage this?

Thanks!

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Radvak, Liana
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Another DAM Question!

Hi,

I am looking for any advice from TMS institutions that use DAMS. We are in the middle of an integration project, Extensis/TMS, and would like to know how other places organize their image folders. Our initial thought was to organize by object ID, each object having its’ own folder, the most recent recommendation is a directory structure that is chronological – date of capture.

Many thanks,

Liana

Liana Radvak
Manager, Collection Information & Resources
Art Gallery of Ontario
317 Dundas St. West
Toronto, ON. M5T 1G4
416.979.6660 x.463