Hello MoMSers,

We are delighted to offer your council the opportunity to host our newest Museum on Main Street exhibition, Hometown Teams. You may remember that this was the exhibition chosen by councils and small town museums in our survey of exhibition proposals a year ago. We are pleased that the development process has moved along to the point that we can now make it available for booking.

The exhibition explores how sports is an indelible part of American culture and identity. It offers a rare look at sports through local stories of community pride, town rivalries, and hometown legends, away from the glamour of professional sports.  Five copies of the exhibition will open in July, 2013, with the standard participation fee of $9000.  Ultimately it will travel to 30 states over a six year period of time, but for now dates are available for year-long, statewide tours for the following dates:

*         July/August 2013

*         July/August 2014

*         July/August 2015

Designed specifically for use in small museum settings and in rural communities, Hometown Teams requires 700 square feet and is comprised of sports memorabilia, historical and contemporary photographs, interactive components and immersive environments. Visitors will hear and see personal stories that embody our society's love of sports.  A full description of the exhibition is attached.

As with other MoMS exhibitions, supporting materials will include marketing tools, educational materials and lesson plans, and exhibition training manuals.

If your council is interested in hosting Hometown Teams, please contact me by email or by phone and indicate your first and second choices for tour dates.

We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Carol

Carol G. Harsh