Hi all,

I'd like to know what classifications your museum uses for contemporary
time-based media and multimedia works. We currently have two
classifications: "Video" and "Installation" and are finding that they do
not cover all types of new media, and also that these two
classifications often overlap. In cases where the work is mainly
sculptural and the media component is one of many components, we use
"Sculpture" as the classification. It would be helpful to know what
other museums use in the Classification field, and if you use other
fields (e.g. Object Name, Object Type) to further describe these types
of works.

Thank you,

Chrisy

Chrisy Tselentakis
Records Manager and Collections Review Coordinator
Brooklyn Museum
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, New York 11238
Tel: 718-501-6483