Kim, the answer is yes you can have additional checkboxes, but these can
only be added by a system administrator. TMS comes with several unallocated
fields (text, authority, checkboxes, date, and number) that are part of the
ObjContext table. These can be incorporated into a User Designed Form.

~Chad

On Thursday, November 17, 2011, Smith, Emily E. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi Kim,
>

> On our version of TMS here at NMAAHC we do have those sort of check boxes
available. I am sure there is some way to add addition boxes for your needs
(sorry but I am not versed in how exactly to do that but I am sure someone
on this listserv is! Or perhaps you could call Gallery Systems and see what
they have to say about it.)

> I have included a screen shot so you have a visual of what I am talking
about:

> </mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=133b231528cee512&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw>
>

> I hope this answers your question . Best of luck!
>

> Emily
>

> Emily Elizabeth Smith
>
> Contract Collections Information Technician
>
> Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
>
> 600 Maryland Avenue, SW Suite 810
> Mail: MRC 509  PO Box 37012
> Washington, DC 20013-7012
>

> telephone: 202.633.4755
>
> email: [log in to unmask]

On Behalf Of Sissons, Kimberly
> Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:11 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: checkboxes
>

> This is probably a silly question, but before we waste time discussing
this here, I wanted to know--is it possible (without professional help) to
add checkboxes  to TMS? (like curator approved/on view) I'm curious and
can't readily find the answer, but you folks are much more knowledgeable!

> My gut instinct at this point is no, and that we should just be content
with status flags and flex fields.

> Thanks much!
> Kim
> ----
> Kimberly Sissons
> Cataloging Assistant
> Reynolda House Museum of American Art
> PO Box 7287
> Winston-Salem, NC 27109
> email: [log in to unmask]
> phone: 336.758.5490
>
> *Check out the Electronic Cataloging Project:
> http://www.reynoldahouse.org/ecp*
>
> | Modern Masters from the Smithsonian American Art Museum |
> October 7-December, 2011 | Mary and Charlie Babcock Wing Gallery
>

> To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
following commands in the body of the email: