Hello all,

Currently our map collection is under the jurisdiction of our library (using their own cataloging system), but we are looking at a project that will catalog the maps in TMS to allow better access to researchers visually through eMuseum.

Does anyone else have maps in their TMS?

We are in the planning stages, so there are only a couple questions that we’ve come up with off the bat, such as: Where do you note the scale?  Where do you record and latitude/longitude information?

If there are any procedures/tips/hints that anyone would like to share I’d love to hear them.  Feel free to contact off-list.

Thanks everyone!

D.

P.S. If anyone’s TMS map collections are viewable online, I’d love to know about those as well.

Diane Lee

Collections Manager

The Connecticut Historical Society

One Elizabeth Street