Greetings, fellow TMSusers:

<<deep breath>>

After 16 years of Registration-only access to our collections database (first Argus, now TMS), the mandate has come down to allow TMS access beyond the registrars (who have system administrator rights).

The first group is to be curators.

<<deeper breath>>

I have begun to look through the online manual for assigning user rights to edit and view.  So many fields!

Do System Value Type and Inflation Rate and Is Archived and Is Current need to be editable by anyone other than a system adminstrator?   Is is better to start with the "View Only" rights, and add edit rights?  Or to start with "System Administrator" and subtract edit rights?

I realize that each institution has its methods and protocols, but if someone would be willing to share with me any guidance, suggestions, caveats, screen shots (?) of which fields might be editable by curators, I would be much obliged.

Many thanks for your consideration of this request.

Christine

Christine Droll
Collections Database Administrator
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art