From an security/audit perspective having individual username\passwords are always the preferred method.

Rick

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane Lee
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: user login creation

Hello all,

I am working on tweaking our security levels due to a change in departmental structure and need, and also due to an impending upgrade to 2010, and was curious about something when I was reviewing our current user list: does anyone create new user logins for individual interns/volunteers? Or do you use an overall “Intern” login for everyone to use as they come and go? And pro/cons to doing either? (We’ve currently just got a generic “Intern” login at the moment.)

I’d be interested in input – thanks!

Diane.

Diane Lee

Collections Manager