Hi Lucille,

I would assume that like a Sol Lewitt wall drawing for example,  the "work" has the date and title given to it by the artist when it was created (programmmed?) and, that subsequent iterations are not the work, but performances of the work.  So your CD's are the work (and BTW, with Eli's permission - I think you would want to transfer them for safekeeping onto a hard drive).  I would keep the image mounted on plexi as an "exhibition copy" with the date of exhibition (if it is to be mounted for that purpose).  If only one iteration is allowed to be made - then it would get the date of the "work" and be a component of the main item - not of the CD, but of "the work".

As far as AVAF itself is concerned.  Ask Eli how he might like to be classed (as if it were possible, as if he would tell you)?  Neo-psychedelic?  You can probably get more info from his New York rep www.suzannegeiss.com.  212 625 8130

Good luck!

Suzanne
Suzanne Quigley
845 266 0487 (land)