Thanks for all of the helpful insight. Our original plan was to have each site be responsible for getting it to the next place. However, Florida is a huge state and there’s as much 6 hours of driving time between some of the sites, so we decided to handle the logistics ourselves. A local truck driver school is willing to do it for less than half of the lowest quote we received from a professional company.

I guess we’re trying to weigh the benefits of low cost vs. the peace of mind that a large company would provide (though I suppose a large company doesn’t necessarily guarantee good service).

Alex Buell

Program Coordinator

Florida Humanities Council

599 Second Street South