Hi Alex,

Our experience with shipping MOMS in Ohio used to be the same as what
Ken said about Montana (which I admire--there's a lot of distance in
your state!).  In short, two staff drove the exhibit crates around to
each site ourselves in a rental truck.

For the last two MOMS tours, though, we have had a gentleman who is a
member of a county historical society who has done the exhibit transport
for us in his own box truck.  His county hosted the Between Fences
exhibit in 2008 and at our first orientation meeting he talked about his
interest in doing the transporting.  We tried him out and everything
went fine with that exhibit tour and with the next one, which was New
Harmonies.  He has also moved another traveling exhibit for us a few
times, a photo exhibit that Council staff designed ourselves.

I know that other states have made other arrangements.  You might talk
with David Morgan in Mississippi if you haven't already.  I believe
their Council uses drivers from a truck driving school associated with a
community college, or something like that.

New Mexico a few years ago had a contact with their state national guard
(I don't know how) and I believe the guardsmen were transporting a MOMS
exhibit between its sites for them (might have been Key Ingredients).

There seem to be lots of solutions to the exhibit transporting issue.
It depends on who you know, what you want to do yourself, and also what
the MOMS staff will deem okay.

All the best with your search,

Jack

Jack Shortlidge