TMSUSERS Digest - 21 Jun 2012 to 25 Jun 2012 (#2012-76)

Hello Shannon and TMS folks, I too would be interested in the replies to this post.

We are in the “staging” process of generating linked, open data (developing our strategy and assessing what’s already been catalogued to serve this purpose) and to date we are using the Getty Vocabularies (AAT and TGN) because TMS facilitates the linking of those terms via the Thesaurus in combination with Attribute fields. We plan to link Bibliographic Citations using ISBN numbers and Library of Congress Authority headings…or some combination of those things, we have not really gotten that far yet.

It is possible I’m off the mark in interpreting what you mean by “ontology”, perhaps you’re looking for something more extensive than vocabularies to assign attributes?

Thanks for the post!

Kate Blanch

Administrator, Museum Databases

[log in to unmask] / 410.547.9000 ext. 266

The Walters Art Museum

600 N. Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21201

www.thewalters.org