We are in the process of designing a hoist for the new conservation lab. I was wondering if some of you would have suggestions/recommendations to make this piece of equipment functional and versatile.
At the moment we are thinking of a manual system for raising and lowering the hoist. The width would be about 16 feet (about 5 meters). It would raise about 13 feet (about 4 meters) above floor. It should support a max weight of 200 pounds (about 90 kg).
Any suggestion of materials, type of mounting/attaching system, etc

Thank you

Esther

Esther Méthé
Margaret Wing Dodge Chair in Conservation
Chief Conservator
The Textile Museum * 2320 S Street  NW * Washington, DC 20008
tel. 202.667.0441, ext. 18 * fax 202.483.0994