We have LEDs and flourescents side by side in one of our rooms, and now long for all LEDs. I can't, however, give you any  compelling research to support what we like better aesthetically.

Annie Armour

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Nancie Ravenel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Ann,
I'll touch base with you off list, but I thought I'd mention that  back in March, Rick Kerschner and I did a Connecting to Collections webinar about our experiences with LED lighting at Shelburne Museum. We began with our doll houses and doll cases back in 2006, and now almost all of our exhibition spaces are lit with LEDs. You'll find a recording of that webinar here: http://www.connectingtocollections.org/recording-community-webinar-introduction-to-led-lighting/ as well as links to some other important resources.

I think the most important thing that we've learned is the importance of doing mock-ups of the lighting situation and getting as many stakeholders to look at these mock ups as possible.

Nancie Ravenel
(802)985-3348 x3354

From: Textile Conservators [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Frisina
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 1:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LED lighting

My institution is changing over all florescent lighting to LED lighting.  I am wondering what experience others have had with LED lighting both positive and negative.

Our current bulbs have a CRI rating of 85, and a kelvin rating of 3000k.
The LED lighting will have a CRI of 82, and a kelvin rating of 3500k.

Best
--
Ann Frisina
Textile Conservator