707-763-8694

From: WILLIAMS, JAMES [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:10 PM

We have a large wash sink, but the deionized water system that fed it was long ago dismantled, and we haul jugs of distilled water over when needed for washing textiles. We don't use it enough to justify the expense of upgrading that system and paying the maintenance fees to keep it up, but we'd like something a bit more convenient.

I would be interested to find out if anyone has experience with or data about the use of a reverse osmosis filter in place of deionized water. There is plumbing to the sink, so adding a RO system would be easy.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jim Williams

Exhibition Designer/Preparator

Kent State University Museum