That’s cool!

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carole Campbell
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Crystal Reports - concatenating values

Hi Jeri,

I use Minimum, Maximum and NthLargest when I know I have a limited number of possibilities and want to change up the text between the values:

SourceMin Formula:

Minimum{Constituent.DISPLAYNAME}, {Objects.SORTNUMBER})

SourceMid Formula:

NthLargest(2,{Constituent.DISPLAYNAME}, {Objects.SORTNUMBER})

The "2" chooses the second occurrence

SourceMax Formula:

Maximum({Constituent.DISPLAYNAME}, {Objects.SORTNUMBER})

Print Source Formula:

If DistinctCount ({Constituent.CONSTITUENTID}, {Objects.SORTNUMBER}) = 1 then
    {Constituent.DISPLAYNAME}

Else
If DistinctCount ({Constituent.CONSTITUENTID}, {Objects.SORTNUMBER}) = 2 then
    {@Source Max} + " and " + {@Source Min}
Else
If DistinctCount ({Constituent.CONSTITUENTID}, {Objects.SORTNUMBER}) = 3 then
    {@Source Max} + " , " + {@Source Mid} + " and " + {@Source Min}

I group by Object SortNumber and place my final formula in the Group Footer area.

Thanks,

Carole

Carole Campbell
Registrar for Collections Management
J. Paul Getty Museum
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Tel: (310) 440-7083

Fax: (310) 440-7746

>>> On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

NICE! Thanks, Ariana!

Jeri Moxley
Manager, Collection and Exhibition Technologies
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53 Street, New York, NY 10019-5497
Tel. (212) 708-9599 Fax. (212) 333-1102