My understanding is that the location cannot be deleted because it is referenced in the history file. In our case this is actually a useful feature as we occasionally think of an item in reference to its previous location. In the locations authority you can uncheck the "Active" box, which will prevent the location from being displayed in the Move Assistant.

Rodger Kelly
Collections Manager
The National Music Museum

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Grace M. Cay Castañon
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 11:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Delete useless locations

Hi everyone.

How could I delete locations that I'm not going to use it anymore? For example I have this item in place A, but I move it to a new home location because the place A it doesn't exist anymore. I try to delete it directly from location authorities but it says:
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDBE7C.9D79CDC0]

But the item has a new location, and I also try deactivating the previous location but doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Grace M. Cay Castañón
Collections Database Coordinator

[cid:image002.jpg@01CDBE7C.9D79CDC0]
P.O. Box 9027
Ponce, P.R.  00732-9027
(T)  787 840-1510 ext. 227
(F)  787 841-7309
(E)  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
(W) www.museoarteponce.org<http://www.museoarteponce.org/>
Join us Today!/Sé parte de la obra
PConsider the environment before printing this message

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: