Hi Margaret,

Not knowing how many Thesaurus Cross-reference Types you have, I don't know
that I would bother with making the search that specific? I tried it on ours
and it didn't come up with any results for me either.
I usually just do the Term(Attribute) part of the search without the
cross-reference field name part.

The tricky part is that the search is so persnickety and specific. For
instance, one of our Subjects is "Flowers", but if I search for "Flower", it
won't pull anything up, unless I make the Relation "Contains".

The other option, is  just doing the Term(Attribute) Field Name, but for the
Field value entry, instead of just typing in, to use the . box at the end of
the line to go directly to the Attributes and select the exact term you need
from the main list.  I have to do that all the time for Civil War, as we use
the LC heading and I can never remember what it is.

It really seems like it should work the way you are trying it, and no idea
why it doesn't, but you should be able to work around it doing either of
those above I think.

Good luck!

Diane.

Diane Lee | Collections Manager

[log in to unmask] | (860) 236-5621 x(242)

Connecticut Historical Society | One Elizabeth Street | Hartford, CT 06105 |
www.chs.org <http://www.chs.org/>

Upcoming Events <http://www.chs.org/calendar>  | Membership
<http://www.chs.org/membership>  | Donate <http://store.chs.org/donate/>  |
Volunteer <http://www.chs.org/volunteer>