It’s time for Media Loader to be updated and improved by Gallery Systems. It’s a workhorse for us too, but needs re-shoeing!

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane Lee
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 1:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Media Loader

Hello all,

I am loving the Media Loader plug-in, and it has been great to use on a couple large accessions from this past year. I am curious though, has anyone played with it to add the Media Status, Media Status Date, Quality Constituent, and Quality Date fields? We use these, and I hate to leave them empty, especially the Media Status, which for us notes whether something can be reproduced or not. And going back in to fill these in seems counter-productive when you’re already saving time by bulk loading.
I would think these fields would be possible to add and also have check against the system, as it already does it for some of the other fields. I don’t have the technical expertise to try anything myself, but am wondering if anyone else has tried it, and is willing to share?

Thanks!

Diane.

Diane Lee | Collections Manager

[log in to unmask] | (860) 236-5621 x(242)

Connecticut Historical Society | One Elizabeth Street | Hartford, CT 06105 | www.chs.org

Upcoming Events | Membership | Donate | Volunteer

Visit us on Facebook and Twitter @ConnHistSoc