This is very similar to what we are doing.  We are cataloging our library in the bibliography module, and we have slowly been linking bibliographic references to related artworks.  Our archives collection is cataloged in the Objects module.  We are working towards object-level records for our entire archive, but our “archive” isn’t a typical archive.  We treat our archival collection very similarly to our art collection; since individual archival objects can be requested for loan, it is important for them to have their own object record.

For boxes of archival materials that have not been fully cataloged, we have created box records that incorporate a DACS finding aid in the Physical Description field.  We’ve tried to make sure every key piece of information from the finding aid is mapped to another TMS field.  We’ve used Attributes and Text Entries extensively for this purpose.  I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.  Actually I’m hoping to make it to CI in Toronto; if you are planning on attending maybe we can discuss in person.

Best regards,

Amber

the warhol:
Amber E. Morgan
Associate Registrar
117 Sandusky Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
T 412.237.8306
F 412.237.8340

E [log in to unmask]
www.warhol.org

The Andy Warhol Museum
One of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh

Email newsletter http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/email
Membership http://members.carnegiemuseums.org/SupportCMP

warhol: facebook | warhol: twitter