Usually that message comes up when you're dropping in a field from a different module. Did you start from the Objects or Constituents hierarchy? You have to start from the Objects hierarchy to drop a field into the Objects, Query Assistant.

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joseph Leduc
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: searching objects by Constituent attribute

Hi Chrisy,

Thanks for your reply. I had tried adding that field to the Objects Query Assistant yesterday, but I received (and am still receiving) a message saying "Cannot drop here". It looks like something in the Configuration settings is stopping me from adding it, though I can't tell what (I am logged in as the main system administrator account to try this). Thanks again,

Joe Leduc, Registrar
Worcester Art Museum
55 Salisbury Street
Worcester, MA 01609