I think what I’m asking about is not supported by TMS, but since I was asked about it, I thought I’d ask if anyone out there has done something like this.

We would like to have the ability to grant certain users in any given TMS department the security access that would let them “lock” selected fields in that record so that people in other departments cannot make changes without the record being “unlocked”.

Speaking vaguely, I’m probably not making sense, so with a specific example, we want our Registrars to be able to have complete access to enter and manipulate data in fields on a record up until a certain time.  That time would be when the responsible curator has reviewed the data in the fields, and made their changes to it that they approve.  The Curator wants to then “lock” the basic tombstone fields so that no one else (including registrars who initially entered the data into those fields) could make any further changes to the data.

Am I describing this clearly enough?  Have any of you done this?

Thanks, and happy Friday.

David

David Aylsworth

Collections Registrar