Hi all,

We have a question/concern for those on TMS2012 about the constituent assistant and particularly the Attribution Label.

We do a lot of Constituent updates, name corrections, spelling and the problem we are running into is that with a constituent change/update the Attribution Label doesn’t get updated. See Illustration # 1 below.

That is a big problem for us because we can definitely  update an artist record but to then go through the 1000 objects related to that artist and check ‘use in attribution’ beside the artist name is problematic.

And unless we go into each object record and check the ‘use in attribution’ checkbox the attribution label won’t update. And as we learned once we switched over to TMS 2012, the information in Attribution Label is used quite extensively in list views and in crystal reports.

Another question (illustration # 2), we usually have many people associated with a record in the Object Related, (they are not all artists/creators, but sometimes they are sitters, cataloguers, etc. We are working on updating those records and transferring that information to attributes) But let’s imagine that they are all creators: the Forward Display lists all the artists and Inverted Display only the name of the last artist in that list, and we cannot figure out why?

Please share your experience with the Attribution Label.

We did voice our concern about this to Gallery Systems and we just wanted to hear what the users have to say about this.

Thanks in advance,

Olga.

Olga Zotova

Cataloguer, Collections Information Resources

AGO - Art Gallery of Ontario

416.979.6660 x.262

www.ago.net

Illustration # 1.

Illustration # 2.

cid:image003.jpg@01CE5159.C8F45CC0

Discover the art that changed the world - Revealing the Early Renaissance: Stories and Secrets in Florentine Art – on now at the Art Gallery of Ontario until June 16.

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use it, and do not disclose it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.