Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 13:03:17 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: in search of a well designed work table
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Esther,

I would highly recommend a company called General Woodworking in Lowell, Massachusetts. The contact I have had for many years is Peter Schell.

Tel: 978-459-1151, Email: [log in to unmask]

General Woodworking makes tables with powder-coated steel bases on casters with formica tops. The tables roll around easily for adjusting table spaces. In the mid-90's, they made the tables for the Textile Conservation Center and since then over the years have fabricated tables for many other museums and conservation labs. Tables can be custom designed to be adjustable or have cut outs for a suction disc or for stitching on a modular flat surface. Recently I had him design one for a large wash tank with a sectional table top to be the same height as all of the rest of my tables. They will custom build to your specifications including height and color choices.

Best of luck.

Deirdre