Hi all:

I’m all for creative solutions to meet your needs…I have one more suggestion for tracking exhibition rotations – create a group of exhibition records, one for ‘rotations’ and then one for ea. specific rotation, then link the records together via Parent-Child relationship [the ‘rotations’ record being the Parent]. Here’s a screenshot of what this looks like in my training db…note the dummy end date for this ‘parent record’:

…and in Hierarchy view, you can see the specific ‘child’ rotation records [after you link them] …

I called the relationship “Permanent collection rotations” [for parent] and “…rotation 1, rotation 2, etc…”. [for children]. But you could name the parent @ “Long-Term Exhibitions” and “LTR Rotation 1, LTR Rotation 2, etc .”…that’s up to you.

The advantage to tracking rotations this way is that a loan [or loans] related to a specific rotation is linked to that specific rotation. And ea. rotation has its own list of objects, begin/end dates, and may even have a different curator, be in a different location in galleries, etc. And you can use the standard ‘sections’ and ‘sub-sections’ fields. And this method allows you to take advantage of more standard Crystal reports [rather than having to create custom reports, which as you know, need to be updated by someone on your end when you update your version of TMS……].

What do you think?

Annie

Annie Van Assche | Associate Trainer and Project Manager

[log in to unmask] | 646.733.2239 x224

GallerySystems | www.gallerysystems.com