From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Diane Lee [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: October-08-13 3:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: where to place purchase price and link to the seller/dealer as constituent

We just use the Valuation & Insurance. We just created a Valuation Type on the pull-down for Purchase Price, and use the Appraiser constituent link for the dealer/seller/source.  Although that person isn’t necessarily an “Appraiser”, it has worked fine for us so far.

(I tend just to use that free text Source field when entering a temporary receipt record, so I have it noted somewhere. I don’t create or link the constituent until something is actually accessioned.)

Hope that helps!

D.

Diane Lee | Collections Manager

[log in to unmask] | (860) 236-5621 x(242)

Connecticut Historical Society | One Elizabeth Street | Hartford, CT 06105 | www.chs.org

Upcoming Events | Membership | Donate | Volunteer

Visit us on Facebook and Twitter @ConnHistSoc