From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hansen, Stephanie
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 1:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: truncated report fields

Hello,

I am hoping this issue might sound familiar to someone out there....

When we upgraded to TMS 2012 (9.39.3939), a problem with truncation of the nvarchar(max) fields (text entries, medium, credit line, etc.) that we had with some reports became an issue in ALL the reports with nvarchar(max) fields. Even the GS canned ones. (Before the upgrade it was only a problem if I opened it in CR and refreshed it or made a new one.) So far, the only 2 options have been to create/alter a view so that they are nvarchar(4000) or use a trim(totext({field})) formula. Both of these options have been ok for quick and dirty changes, but it is overwhelming to correct all of our reports this way. The nvarchar(max) fields get converted to memo fields in crystal, but that should still display 65,000+ characters and I'm getting more like 255 when I view the report in TMS. If I view it in Crystal though, it's fine.

If anyone has any ideas on what/where this bug is I would be extremely grateful for your feedback.

Many thanks,

Stephanie

Stephanie Hansen

Database Administrator / Assistant Registrar for Exhibitions & Loans

Milwaukee Art Museum
700 N. Art Museum Dr.  |  Milwaukee, WI 53202
Tel. 414.224.3273   |   Fax. 414.271.7588  |   [log in to unmask]

Thomas Sully: Painted Performance

OPENS OCT 11