I have found it very useful in combination with Attributes, which we have some customized lists.
For instance I can do an advanced search for Addresses- End Date< 1870, then refine that with Query Assistant  to search for Role: Photographer, Process: Daguerreotypes, Gender: Female, City: New York to find all the Female Daguerreotypists in NYC before 1870.

*I'd be interested in this, too, actually. Ultimately, I'd love to be able to plot our collections on maps, which would require LAT/LONG coordinates. I'd love to switch to something like OpenStreetMap or something someday....

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Suzanne Stephens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am really interested in how people have set up their Geography Authority scheme. --Suzanne

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane Lee
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Advice needed on Attributes

Hi Suzanne –

Do you mean you are looking for what Geography Types people have created? Or how they’ve set up the actual Geography Authority scheme? (We didn’t get the TGN either – being the Connecticut Historical Society, we figured we could add stuff like Africa and other non-Connecticut locations as needed.)

D.

Diane Lee | Collections Manager

[log in to unmask] | (860) 236-5621 x(242)

Connecticut Historical Society | One Elizabeth Street | Hartford, CT 06105 | www.chs.org

Upcoming Events | Membership | Donate | Volunteer

Visit us on Facebook and Twitter @ConnHistSoc