Hello, wise TMS users. Our museum did not get the TGN when we originally converted to TMS because most of the geographical terms were not needed for our collection cataloguing. However, I am now trying to create an attribute that would make it easy to find all of the works created in Europe. I have played around with Geography/ Continent/ Europe on the Constituent record as well as creating an Attribute for Location/Continent/Europe. If anyone already has this functionality, could you send me a screen shot or a “best practices” recommendation for this purpose? I also need to do the same thing for Africa, so I suspect that I should add a geographical context for every object related constituent.  I would love to hear how other people have dealt with this.

--Suzanne Stephens

Database Administrator

BIRMINGHAM MUSEUM OF ART

2000 Rev. Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd.