We’ve had similar problems with our installation of eMuseum.  We’ve had to turn off HTML formatting all together, otherwise all the text retains the formatting from wherever it was copied from.  This isn’t a satisfactory solution, as it means we can’t have any formatting in our label text, so it looks quite blocky.  The main problem is that in TMS 2010, you can’t see formatting as it sits in the field and yet the formatting markers appear to be retained.

Alistair

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hansen, Stephanie
Sent: 06 February 2014 20:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HTML text entries

Hello TMSers,
I'm wondering how many of you are using the html text entry on your websites and how you have handled formatting issues. Our web editors want to see them in HTML 5 format and our curators are by and large cutting and pasting from Word or just using the buttons in the text field,. We're trying to find an easy solution to displaying the html in a format our web team can use and our curators can write. I'd love to hear if any of you have dealt with this issue and what you've come up with.
Many thanks in advance!
Stephanie

Stephanie Hansen

Database Administrator / Assistant Registrar for Exhibitions & Loans

Milwaukee Art Museum
700 N. Art Museum Dr.  |  Milwaukee, WI 53202
Tel. 414.224.3273   |   Fax. 414.271.7588  |   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email:

Alistair McLean

Curator of Natural Science

Weston Park, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TP

0114 278 2648

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http:///&k=diZKtJPqj4jWksRIF4bjkw%3D%3D%0A&r=XTJzpIcEHE%2Fdpcfy6DYLFGXNnGz7Bd9JKTihuOsgjts%3D%0A&m=YMznDerB3QqKzt2hsImsP0Cvuf97gQRPbiDEk0OGJk8%3D%0A&s=f6b182f4ede3dc94c9d426bffd29ce655395f486f58bf8fdf00a9ebe75eca8b7>

Company Registration No. 3527746 & Registered Charity No. 1068850 as Sheffield Galleries & Museums Trust. Registered Office: Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8DT.
This is an email from Museums Sheffield. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, or may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Museums Sheffield on +44-(0)114-278-2600 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee, then delete it from your system. Please note that neither Museums Sheffield nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Museums Sheffield is the trading name of Sheffield Galleries & Museums Trust. It is an independent charity funded by Sheffield City Council and Arts Council England.