Hello again all, and sorry for two questions in one week. And this one is a two-part question:

1.       How/where in TMS do others distinguish between long term and short term loans, if at all?

2.       Are you using the Loan Type field, and do you have any advice about it?

We do not currently use the Loan Type field because we have no need for department level security in the Loans Module. But we’d like to use it to distinguish between long term and short term loans. While our exhibitions staff does happen to have one long term loan person and one short term loan person, there is no official departmental division, and departmental security is not my aim here. I just want to be able to search for and report on long vs. short term loans, and I don’t like the idea of adding them as sub-headings in the Loan Purpose or Overall Loan Status field. But it might be confusing to have to remember to query on “Department”. (BTW, why was this field not just called “Department” as in other modules? It’s tempting to re-label it just to make it less confusing.)

Any advice?

Thanks,

Sue Garton

National Portrait Gallery