Hmm, I'm not really clear on where or how you've got the date info
recorded. An advanced search of Date Description is going to search under
Historical Dates (click the elipses next to Display Bio and it's in the
lower half of the screen). Is that where you've got the info? If not,
perhaps send a screenshot of where you've got the info. Or do you have it
only in the DisplayBio without the BeginDate & EndDate populated? But, yes,
you'll have a much happier time of it if you get those populated! Anybody
there have some (basic) SQL skills & access to the backend of the database?

David Lowe
New York Public Library