Many thanks to the Henry Moore Institute in Leeds for hosting an excellent meeting of the TMS UK and Ireland User Group yesterday. Leeds was bathed in summer sunshine, the presentations and discussions were lively and topical and lunch was delicious.

After a great introduction to the Institute from our hosts, Jen Kaines explained how Leeds Museums and Galleries are managing IPR in TMS and later in the day Madeline Betts did the same for IPR in the Archive digitisation project at Tate. It was very helpful to hear in detail about two very different methods of dealing with IPR. We also had a brief update from Sally on the new store at Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museum.

Dieter van Hassel gave a good humoured presentation on what must have been a painful experience in reality; the project to clean up and standardise data and procedures in the ethnographic collections at the Royal Museum for Central Africa in Belgium. Finally Jon and Sascha from Gallery Systems showed us top new features in the forthcoming TMS 2014 and TMS Expresso, updated us on future plans for TMS and took our queries.

In between discussion ranged over many topics from the procurement of DAMS to the effect on the arts of the forthcoming referendum on Scottish Independence; it was a very satisfying and useful day, and we look forward to the next meeting.

Gillian

Gillian Essam

Collection Information Manager

The National Gallery

Trafalgar Square

London WC2N 5DN

T +44 (0)20 7747 2543

F +44 (0)20 7747 2472

E [log in to unmask]

www.nationalgallery.org.uk

Making Colour
18 June - 7 September 2014
Book now:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/making-colour

Sign up for news, offers and exclusive competitions from the
National Gallery:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/stay-in-touch)