Hello all!

Is anyone using the TMS bar code system for their collection or physical assets?  If so, I would be interested in how you have implemented it and if you use additional apps and/or equipment to achieve your goals.

Our ideal solution is to physically print bar codes, from individual records in TMS, to an asset tag and then attach the tag to our set pieces and shipping containers.  The system would be used to track what items go into what crate and easily move (through TMS) these items from one location to another as our exhibits travel around the country.  We are just implementing TMS and have not been able to research this topic or how to implement it.

I look forward to hearing from your experiences.  Thank you!

Matt Patrick

Special Projects Logistics Coordinator

Museum of the Bible

Office: (405) 745-1308