We also give 100 years for persons living or death unknown. For artists or
entities for which we have only active dates, we give those in decade
increments: a photo studio I know existed in 1859 would be "active 1850s",
Begin Date 1850, End Date 1859. For a studio active from 1859-1862: "active
1850s-1860s", Begin 1850, End 1869. I then use the Addresses to refine that
info. I've commandeered Display Name 2 for a display date (1859-1862), and
record the studio address there, with the search dates. I also record birth
and death dates & locations here.