Hi Everyone,

This is all very interesting! What dates do you use for search dates when the artist is actually a culture, say "Pima" or "Yoruba."

Best,

Lucille

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Delmas-Glass, Emmanuelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I think when there is uncertainty about people's death date or when the person is still alive CCO recommends using 100 year span, and an end date of 9999 for companies and organizations.  The thought here is that the activity of an institution can span many decades even centuries, unlike people of course, so even if people's life dates are estimated the span makes sense.

Emmanuelle