From: Museum on Main Street [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Davis, Robbie
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 3:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: What's the 2018 MoMS Exhibit Topic Going To Be?

Everyone,

The answer to that question is . we don't know, but we're really interested
in hearing from you as we begin a process to select the next MoMS exhibition
topic. The show would debut in 2018. (And, as you know the next exhibit in
the pipeline is Water: Resource for Life, which is in development now and
set to debut in May 2016.)

Several of you were able to participate in a brainstorming session during a
MoMS focus group held before the Federation conference last week. We chatted
about seven possible topics and MoMS got great feedback. Some of the topics
were new and others were topics that seemed to attract attention in past
surveys. Now, we would like to give everyone who was not able to join us in
Philadelphia a chance to comment. Please find attached the list of topics we
considered in Philadelphia. Feel free to return the attached response sheet
to me off the listserv at [log in to unmask] and let me know what you think
about them. How would your council use those topics? How do you think your
MoMS hosts would respond to those topics? What should be included in an
exhibition on that topic? And, finally, if the topic of your dreams is not
on the list, let me know what it is!

We'll consider all of these ideas and comments as we move forward to more
fully develop topics that we will eventually propose for the next
exhibition. As we've done in the past, we'll survey all 56 councils and past
and future venues in your states. Then, we'll use your responses to help us
make the final selection.

If I can answer any questions about these topics or the selection process,
please let me know. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Robbie

Robbie Davis

Project Director, Museum on Main Street

Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service

PO Box 37012 MRC 941

Washington, DC 20013-7012

202-633-5335