Hello all –

For some reason I thought a Friday afternoon was a good time to wrestle with a couple questions in our Classification scheme. (We don’t follow one particular scheme as no single solution seemed to fit our collection, but created our own, based on various authorities like AAT.)

Anyway, my main question relates to the “relics” in the collection, not the religious kind as defined by AAT, but as I’m defining them “Fragments of objects or items relating to historical persons, places or events.”

Does anyone have a good place for these types of Relics in their Classifications? Or even another term that might fit them better?

I’ve got a temporary solution, but am looking for something that will make sense long term.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Diane.

Diane Lee | Collections Manager

[log in to unmask] | (860) 236-5621 x(242)

Connecticut Historical Society | One Elizabeth Street | Hartford, CT 06105 | chs.org
Upcoming Events | Membership | Donate | Volunteer | CHS blog "Inside the CHS| Facebook | Twitter @CTHistorical

(Re)Building Hartford: A City Captured by Artist Richard Welling
Hartford Seen: Photographs by Pablo Delano

Open now through March 14, 2015