I humbly apologize for sending my email to Nancie to all of TCG.  My life
is now ruined!!!!!   I should probably not send out emails after 3:00 pm
but go to bed instead.
Judith

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Nancie Ravenel <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Apologies for cross posting:
>

> The Shelburne Museum is seeking a textile conservator with a strong
> interest in preventive conservation for a two-year full time position.
>

> The conservator will undertake a variety of projects related to the
> treatment of objects in the floor cover, bed cover, and upholstered
> artifact collections and ongoing preventive conservation initiatives.  For
> all treatments, the textile conservator will take documentary photographs
> and write condition reports, treatment proposals and treatment reports. The
> conservator will train and supervise volunteers to assist with preparation
> of large textiles for exhibition and other appropriate textile conservation
> related tasks. The conservator will also participate in ongoing projects
> related to integrated pest management, the efficient and proper operation
> of the exhibition and storage area HVAC systems and exhibition lighting
> systems. The conservator will become familiar with established lab
> procedures for health and safety and help maintain conservation
> documentation and treatment files and conservation databases. The
> conservator will work with the registrars and art handlers to improve
> exhibition and storage conditions for the collection, conduct practical
> research that informs conservation treatment as appropriate, and contribute
> to Shelburne’s public outreach program.
>

> The conservator will be joining a conservation department with two staff
> conservators: an objects conservator and a preventative
> conservator/conservation administrator.   The lab is equipped with suction
> discs and a suction table, a Wild binocular microscope, and a Leitz
> research microscope with polarizing light and UV light attachments.
>

> Qualifications for this position include a Master’s Degree in Conservation
> or equivalent training with a specialization in textiles and minimum
> treatment experience of 3 years beyond conservation training.
>

> Candidates for the position should have good communication skills, the
> ability to work well as a member of a team, and be a member of AIC, IIC, or
> other appropriate conservation organization. They should be creative
> problem-solvers, flexible, and adaptable with a positive attitude.
>

> Competitive salary and generous benefits to include medical and dental
> insurance.
>

> Applications should consist of a letter of interest, CV, and contact
> information for three references and should be sent to Nancie Ravenel at
> [log in to unmask] by January 20, 2015.
>

> Nancie Ravenel
>
> Objects Conservator
>
> Shelburne Museum
>
> 5555 Shelburne Rd.
>
> Shelburne, VT 05482
>
> (802)985-0889

*Judith EisenbergNY Textile Conservation, LLC135 West 29th Street Suite
203New York, NY [log in to unmask]