Hi all,

We are heavily invested in the loans and exhibitions modules here at the Walters. We also use the Exhibitions module to publish exhibition histories for objects to the online collections site.

We’ve found it works best to create a full “suite” of records related to every object that goes on loan, meaning that every loan must be linked to an exhibition and vice versa. The shipping module also plays a role here too, though it’s not part of the “object-loan-exhibition trifecta”.

Our system works well, but we are always seeking to overcome the complications of the exhibitions module (especially when generating checklists) – I’d love your feedback!

I’m attaching our documentation/style guides here (hoping the attachments don’t get stripped via the list-serv). Feel free to get back to me offline!

Thanks, Kate

Kate Blanch

Administrator, Museum Databases
410.547.9000 x.266 | [log in to unmask]

The Walters Art Museum

600 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-5185

thewalters.org