Hello colleagues.  We are working on updating our collections committee process, forms, etc.  We would greatly appreciate it if you would share some information about the format of your collections committee - in particular, I would love to hear from organizations working with contemporary art (and living artists).

How many members?
Are they also Board members?
Do you also have staff members on the committee? Which ones?
Do you have community/subject area experts on the committee?
How often do they meet?
How are works presented to the committee?  In person? Digitally?
What is the training and/or reference materials given to new committee members?
What type of forms do you need to complete for the presentation (are you willing to share examples)?
Is there typically a lot of debate about the works presented? Or are they mostly confirming selections/recommendations made by staff?
Any specific dos or don'ts that you have learned working with your collections committee?

THANKS!

Rebecca Engelhardt
Registrar/Collections Manager
Museum of Glass