Good afternoon, TexCons'lers - Please excuse any cross posting. If you are
like me and always recommend that those itty bitty U.S. historical societies
and museums apply for a CAP grant, I have just learned that CAP grants won't
be made for the 2015 cycle, per the following email sent to me earlier this
month:

The Conservation Assessment Program (CAP) has been a joint project of the
Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and Heritage Preservation
since its inception in 1990. Primary funding for this program has come from
IMLS, with program implementation managed by Heritage Preservation.

As you may know, Heritage Preservation is currently in the midst of an
organizational transition. IMLS and Heritage Preservation have mutually
decided that we will be unable to process applications for the 2015 CAP
cycle. CAP staff will be in touch with those of you who have outstanding
2014 program year reports.

I hope that the transition happens quickly so that the CAP grant awards can
occur again quickly.

Regards,

Meg

Margaret E. Geiss-Mooney