Emmanuelle, thank you! Do you only use the alternate fields so that you can run one search (by alternate name) and search everything – instead of having to do a query for both object name AND alternate name?

Alternate name was not already in our query assistant list, so I didn’t know if it existed or where. But I was able to add it in our database configuration, with the aid of the help menus. J

Melanie

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Delmas-Glass, Emmanuelle
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 2:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Alternate object names

Hi Melanie

We only use the Alternate Object Name field, not the front Object Name field.

The Query Assistant search field is Alternate Object Name.

Best,

Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass

Collections Data Manager

Collections Information and Access

Yale Center for British Art

203-410-4069

http://britishart.yale.edu/collections/search

Sign up for YCBA E-News; follow us on

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud,
and
YouTube; and search our collections online.

BUILDING CONSERVATION PROJECT
The Center will be temporarily closed from January 1, 2015 through February 2016 for its
Building Conservation Project. Please email the Reference Library and the Study Room to request special appointments, which will be accommodated on a limited basis, contingent upon the construction schedule.